Monday, January 7, 2013

Tis the Season, or it Was Anyways

Well I have been negligent in my blogging this Christmas season. I guess I got caught up in all the things that go into the Christmas season. I participated in baking cookies for local nursing homes again this year and can I let you in on a nasty secret I've discovered? Ovens all around the world have been lying to all of us for years.

Let me start at the beginning. I sat down and figured out everything I wanted to make, made a list of ingredients and bought those ingredients. When I finally mustered the gumption to start this baking bonanza I went to my oven and started preheating it. Six minutes later the oven cheerfully beeps at me letting me know it was hot and ready to help. LIAR!

Apparently those 6 minutes of "preheating" are really my ovens way of telling me "thanks for giving me some time. I've thought about it and I've decided I will warm up for you, but it's going to be another 30 minutes before I'm at temperature." Thank goodness for my oven thermometer, otherwise I may have had some undercooked cookies and ended up with the collywobbles (Brave anyone?)

Despite my unwilling and hesitant oven, I made over 10 dozen cookies/biscotti before Christmas, along with all the blueberry jam and apple butter I gave out this year! (see picture below, but imagine stacks and stacks of jars) I was very happy, and I hope the recipients were as well :)




Also, before I finish this much belated post I have to say just how great I think Liang's post is about 5 years and counting. It's all too rare to see a couple reach that point and I am so happy to see them going strong! David and I definitely feel lucky to have both of them in our lives as close friends, and we can only hope to be as happy as they are come our 5th year wedding anniversary. There's an Irish saying that I thought they'd both appreciate:
 
May those who love us, love us
and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts
and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles
so we can recognize them from their limp.


:) I've always found great wisdom in that one hehe.

But on a more serious note, I just want to toast to them (with my hypothetical adult bev) and say here's to you both! May the next 5 years be just as wonderful and joy filled as these past 5 have been!Slainte!



No comments:

Post a Comment