Saturday, October 6, 2012

Arts & Crafts

No longer is this reserved for summer camp or an easy A in school. At this point in our lives, Liang and I and have found craft time as a stress free time to spend together enjoying an entertaining podcast (or two hehe) and a creative outlet for the weeks stresses. Also, Liang has been able to claim refuge in my apartment to protect her yarn from her cats. I haven't been able to witness said cats stalking their prey (the yarn), but from how it's been described this is what I imagine they look like.


Random picture from a Google search
I can see it in his eyes - he's just waiting for his owner to drop their guard so he can attack the yarn! At least that's how it plays out in my mind. Apparently there's no negotiating with these yarn terrorists - our only choice was to hide :)

Liang's blanket is going to look so good, judging by the soft and pretty squares she's made so far. I just want to bury my face in the blanket (but I won't - I promise). So, I needed to pick up an artistic hobby, so I decided on quilling (or Paper Filigree). Basically, as long as I can roll paper strips and manipulate the coils into different shapes I am golden. So far I have been able to create some pretty neat looking cards and I'm enjoying it so I feel like it's a win. Although, I'll have to start using them as the cards I send to family for occasions, otherwise I'll just be a weird lady with a bunch of unused cards in their house. . . yeah, I better start doing that. If I'm going to be that strange lady on someones street, I want to collect something much more strange than cards, because I figure if you're going to do that you may as well be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment